Can't connect via airport to my wireless network.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jschultz, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Help!

I Have a linksys wireless router that is working just fine with my girlfriends PC, yet I try to connect to it wirelessly via my AlBook, and I cannot connect. It keeps on coming back with the "there was an error joining the airport network xxx" message. I have the PB set to WEP key, and I have put the correct WEP key in time and time again.

I have no idea what to do? I'm not stuck in the office of our apartment to the router. Any tips?

2. trev macrumors 6502

ummm.... just so I know what you did. you hit the airport network choose other... and then filled in the network name... selected WEP Password in the wireless security menu and put in your network key?

3. Jschultz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Actually, nothing of that sort. I saw my network in the list, selected it, and got the error message.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You should have to type in both your Router Network name and WEP password to get it to work.

5. Jschultz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

So what should I do then? Click on the airport icon up top, and go to manually join a network?

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Click "Other..." it would ask for a network name and set the security you're using (WEP) and then it will ask for a password.

7. bd6675 macrumors newbie

Jschultz, did that work for you? I have the same issue from time to time.

8. Jschultz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Nope, still does not work. Are there any other settings I ought to check out?

9. bitabytex macrumors member

Have you checked the router setup from her computer to see if she is blocking all requests except from her MAC address or if there is a limit on how many connections there can be at once?