can't copy music to my Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sedi, Oct 1, 2006.

1. sedi macrumors newbie

I got myself an Ipod through the Apple Online Store which I hooked up yesterday evening to my Macbook (up-to-date). I wanted to put all of my music onto my iPod. Well, after I was asked whether I wanted to sync my iPod with my Library I started to wait .... for 4 hours. Then I found out that iTunes was not responding so I decided to restart my Macbook. Then I tried it again and it seemed to work. As it was kind of late by then I decided to go to bed as I thought everything would work well now. When I got up this morning I saw that it had stopped after only 7 gb and iTunes said that it could neither read from nor write to my iPod. I restarted my Macbook and tried to sync again. after 300 files I got an unknown error (-50). This time I decided to reset my iPod, which worked seemlessly. But again, I got the same error messages. I've reseted my iPod 5 times so far, I think I have done everything in the troubleshooting section on Apple's website but no luck. Am I doing something completely wrong or is my iPod broken?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try restoring the iPod's firmware through iTunes. :)