Can't copy music to work computer

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Howard Brazee, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Howard Brazee macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

Oct 24, 2006
    Lafayette CO
    I have a Windows work computer that I want to copy my iPod music to.

I plug in my iPod and iTunes sees it - but iTunes doesn't see any other music on my work computer. I go to File/Transfer Purchases and it tells me that it can't copy my purchases because I am not authorized to play them on this computer.

So I authorize this computer again. iTunes says the authorization was successful, with 2 of my 5 authorizations. (Which is odd - I have my home Windows machine as my primary - my wife's iMac is authorized as well).

So I try again, get the same result. I authorize again, with the same result. This process is continuous.

I want to copy over my ripped CD music as well. My iPod is set up to be a hard drive, so I suppose I can find and copy the music - but I want to do so safely - last time I tried this, iTunes created the blue screen of death.
  2. gnasher729 macrumors G5

Nov 25, 2005
    Burn the music onto a data DVD, or on data CDs if you don't have a DVD writer. You should do that anyway to have a backup copy. Then use "Add to library" on the second computer.
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    For non-DRM music (music not from Apple), you can access the tracks on your iPod by enabling the viewing of hidden files in Explorer and then simply dragging the music files to iTunes. Assuming your business has no USB limitations installed, that should work. As for the iTMS music, maybe contact Apple about the authorisation problem. :)