Can't create page in iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FongMan, Mar 31, 2007.

1. FongMan macrumors regular

FongMan

I have two questions that would be great if I can get some help. Everytime i open iWeb I just see the blank program open, no project gallery or templates or anything, and when i go to "File" i can't choose create new page or site....anybody know why? i reinstalled the bundled software but that didn't do anything. Secondly, if I publish a website, can someone on a different comp with iWeb edit the website frm their house as well if i wanted them to? And I have a .Mac account as well

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try removing the iWeb preference file (named com.apple.iWeb.plist) from your Preferences folder. Drag it to the Trash or Desktop when iWeb is closed. Does it now work normally?

As for the editing of an iWeb site, you need the file named Domain in the Application Support folder in your Home Library. If you send this file to a friend, they can then edit the site. However, that file is like a database and you'll need to then get it sent back to yourself if you want to edit the site further. I guess you could keep the latest copy on the public folder of your .Mac account... :)

3. FongMan thread starter macrumors regular

FongMan

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. GenesisST macrumors 68000

GenesisST

Same problem, solution does not work for me

Hello,

I have the same problem: i cannot create new sites or pages, I deleted the com.apple.iweb.plist file and it didn't work.

I also removed ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb, still no go. Both are created once I start iWeb again, but stil can't create new pages or sites...

Any ideas?

Thanks

6. stueey macrumors newbie

I found that this solved the problem..

I have just reverted back to version 2.0.2 from 2.0.3 on my G5 dual 2.5 and everything is working again. I used Time Machine to put the previous version back in it's place and it worked like a dream.

7. jmjm macrumors newbie

I recently ran into this same problem. For me, I do not have any of these preference files to delete. It doesn't even show up, anywhere.

HELP.