Can't delete incomplete apps...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Cheese, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Cheese macrumors 6502

Cheese

In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    Not to be flamebait, I am admitting to being a newbie. I need help. That being dispensed with, I am running OSX 10.2.4, 320mb RAM, iMac DV400. I have a couple of "sample" apps on my desktop that I can't get to disappear. There is a Shocwave installer, and a demo of Photshop elements2 that refuse to leave my trash bin. Is there a way to kill this, and perhaps find other useless files to kill in the process? I would like to free up some of the measely 10gb on my hd. Any help would be remebered until mac's no longer exist, ecept for in the minds of those of us who remember to fold.
    I humbly thank any replies.

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

assuming you have an administrator password on your computer, go to www.versiontracker.com and do a search for deleteit or just delete

you will find a few shareware programs that will let you delete any stubborn files!

3. Cheese thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheese

Thank you, I found a lot of resources in your link. I will be recommending this link to all of my associates.

4. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

if you haven't already solved your problem, you can usually just go into OS 9 and delete them from there. whenever i have stubborn files that wont go away, that's what i do, it has always worked.

5. Cheese thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheese

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i really hope this wasn't sarcasm

7. Cheese thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheese

I promise. No sarcasm this time around. Most of my posts are fairly straight forward. Though I am a noob, I am seeking advice. Good advice. I have visited your link and found several apps that I tried. One of them nearly solved my problem, but I found a lot of help, and a lot of answers to what I am seeking. I would seriously recommend versiontracker to anyone who is serious about finding out more of how to make their mac their very own. We all use our mac in our own way, and thankfully there are no two identical users. With that, there are unique problems possible for every one of us. I honestly feel that most of us can find what we are searching for at Version tracker. My endorsement won't earn me "regular" status on Macrumors, and I am not getting anything for it, other than the same thing that anyone visiting this fine site will find.... great apps and lots of cool mac stuff. Again, I would like to sincerely thank you. Pleez do not confuse my honest thanx with sarcasm.