Can't detect my Airport Base station!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hedge666, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Hedge666 macrumors newbie

I am currently online wirelessly using my Airport Express. I am trying to attach my printer to the base station so that I can print wirelessly. When I open the AirPort Admin Utility the Base station chooser CAN'T FIND MY BASE STATION!!!! I've tried every option from the help manual/apple website and cannot find out how to get the software to discover the base station - even though I am connected to it and using the web!!! I am running a PC with Vista - would it possibly have something to do with all the crazy security settings?!! Help is needed!!!!! Thank you!
    :mad:

2. rsp macrumors newbie

Base station Chooser

Hedge666,
    I am haveing the same problem (Base Station Chooser cannot 'see' base station)... Did you manage to resolve this problem? Can you email me at rsmjpress@cbn.net.id
    Rsp:confused:

3. osiris24x macrumors member

osiris24x

The first thing I would try, is doing a hard reset on your base station. If this doesn't fix it, then you have a security issue on the Windows side that's probably blocking it.

4. MissEss macrumors newbie

It's not Windows; I'm having the same problem

Trying to change channels on my D-link, but can't get Airport Admin to find my base station.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Which Airport access-point are you trying to have the Admin utility connect to, an Extreme or an Express?