Can't detect my Airport Base station!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hedge666, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Hedge666 macrumors newbie

Mar 13, 2007
    South Croydon
    I am currently online wirelessly using my Airport Express. I am trying to attach my printer to the base station so that I can print wirelessly. When I open the AirPort Admin Utility the Base station chooser CAN'T FIND MY BASE STATION!!!! I've tried every option from the help manual/apple website and cannot find out how to get the software to discover the base station - even though I am connected to it and using the web!!! I am running a PC with Vista - would it possibly have something to do with all the crazy security settings?!! Help is needed!!!!! Thank you!
  2. rsp macrumors newbie

May 15, 2007
    Base station Chooser

I am haveing the same problem (Base Station Chooser cannot 'see' base station)... Did you manage to resolve this problem? Can you email me at
  3. osiris24x macrumors member

Mar 11, 2007
    The first thing I would try, is doing a hard reset on your base station. If this doesn't fix it, then you have a security issue on the Windows side that's probably blocking it.
  4. MissEss macrumors newbie

May 23, 2007
    It's not Windows; I'm having the same problem

Trying to change channels on my D-link, but can't get Airport Admin to find my base station.
  5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Oct 14, 2005
    Which Airport access-point are you trying to have the Admin utility connect to, an Extreme or an Express?