Can't display more than 640*480 on my Mac Pro in Boot Camp?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by macincar, Sep 29, 2006.

1. macincar macrumors member

I just tried to install XP on my new mac pro, but the odd thing is the Windows can't display more than 640*480! I was expecting playing some games. Is that because I use a VGA port monitor? Cause there is question mark about VGA stuffs in the Hardware Manager. Maybe I need a DVI port monitor?:eek: Who knows how to solve this?

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Sounds like you might need the drivers my friend...listen to bigandy:)

Are you screen spanning?

Bless

4. macincar thread starter macrumors member

I have installed the drivers. Still! Don't know what's wrong.

5. macrobat macrumors regular

what kind of graphics card do you have? I think you need to change the settings in the driver software for you graph card nvidia of ati

6. macincar thread starter macrumors member

Mine is ATI X1900XT, I have installed driver disk, how to change the settings of the drive software?

7. tomfowler macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. The bootcamp driver CD did nothing for my video drivers. Goto ATI.com and download the latest driver

ati.com

If you are like me, Internet Explorer would crash trying to load the default home page and I couldn't even get an address bar to enter the ati.com address. If this happens, just set your homepage to a blank under the Internet Options in control panel and then goto ati and get the drivers.

You will also eventually get CLI application crashes until you install .NET version 1.1. You need BOTH .NET 2.0 and 1.1.

8. macincar thread starter macrumors member

thanks tomfowler!!It works!! I'm going to enjoy some game now!!

9. tomfowler macrumors newbie

Glad it worked out for you. Now if you come up with any reliable solutions for the wireless keyboard in WindowsXP, let me know. The mouse works great, the keyboard requires turning off and then on again.

10. DeadSirius macrumors member

I'm in the same boat, but I can't find .NET anything on that site. (Yes, I'm a nitwit.) Where exactly are these downloads? My Windows install won't look past the "Default" monitor either.

11. m3henn04 macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue as the original post here but my other problem is that when I do try to use my DVI port on my LG monitor I get absolutely no picture at all.