cant download mail from hotmail anymore

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pale9, Apr 20, 2006.

1. pale9 macrumors regular

since yesterday i cant download mail from my mac microsoft messenger anymore. i can log in and chat, but clicking on mail results in some crazy weird-ass server switching (incl., but not limited to, window live) and a prompt for my passport password. entering that leads to another ms error message. is this another evil plot ms hatched to thwart browsers other than IE, since everything works with THAT browser.
  2. iEdd macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2005
    I don't know the problem and I don't know a straight fix, sorry. I strongly recommend not using microsoft messenger for mac. I couldn't stand the bugs with it. Cutting off lines of text, disconnecting me ALL the time, etc. I highly recommend Mercury Messenger instead. Very stable and full of features. Good luck :)
  3. fitinferno macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2005
    London, UK
    Heh, definite agreement, don't use Mac Messenger. Let's face sucks noodles! Never heard of mercury messenger, but I would recommend Adium. You can use all the chat clients and style it just how you want it. You can even tell it to check for new mail for you :)
  4. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    The exact same thing is happening to me. It's been happening for this last two or three days. Just thought I'd let you know so that you don't think it's anything wrong on your end.