cant drag folders into itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shawsinio, Jun 5, 2006.

1. shawsinio macrumors regular

hi all,

im am a new mac user, (got my macbook today!) but am having problems with itunes. i have taken the songs off of my ipod which i used with my PC, and they are in a folder on my desktop. in this folder are about 50 other folders, each with about 20-30 song files in(dont ask why, they just arranged themselves that way!). however, the only way i can seem to get the songs into itunes, is if i drag the songs themselves. can i not drag the folder and then have all the songs automatically appear in itunes, i have tried several times with no luck.

thanks for any help

shawsinio

p.s. i used tinkertool to allow me to see the songs on my ipod, and then dragged to my desktop.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmmm, there are probably a few ways to handle this...here are a couple to try.

1) Try File -> Add to Library -- navigate to that folder containing all the other folders, highlight it in the dialog, and select "choose."

2) Open the same folder in Finder instead, and then type kind:music in the spotlight box. Make sure that the set of bubbles that show up once the search starts limits it to that folder. This shows every song file in the folder. Then just highlight all and drag to iTunes.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Or you could use a program like Senuti to get the songs off your iPod and add them to iTunes.

4. shawsinio thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys, will have another go when i get back home tonight.

really appreciate your help,

cheers:D

5. shawsinio thread starter macrumors regular

problem solved

i ended up using spotlight in the folder, just bringing up the music files, the dragged and dropped!:D

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan