Can't Edit Podcast Titles in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bigwig, Jan 28, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to get rid of an offending "TipsSmart" (no spaces, I hate that) in the title. I can bring up the info window, and I can change the Album name, which does in fact change the name of the relevant directory in the iTunes library. Unfortunately, when I go back to look at my iTunes subscriptions the name of the podcast doesn't change. In fact, the name of the podcast is comprised of text that's not contained in any file in my iTunes library. I can't figure out where it gets the name so I can edit it.

2. macrumors 68020

samh004

You could try using something like Lostify to change the title instead.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not a metadata problem. The podcast title (as opposed to the title of each individual recording) isn't part of the metadata. The Album Name, while initially the same as the podcast's title, isn't used by iTunes as the title even though you can set it.

4. macrumors 6502a

Are podcast titles not copyrighted? I would think they are. If so, that is why you can't change them.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not changing the title on the iTunes server, only on my local subscription. It's no different, really, than having a name for a Bookmark in your browser that's different than the actual page title that appears when you navigate to the page.

6. macrumors newbie

Hi ~ How did you fix the title change? Thanks Christine

Hi ~ How did you fix the title change? Thanks Christine