cant eject network

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by BakedBeans, Sep 18, 2004.

1. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

i cant eject the network from my finder menu...can i do this manually? i didnt even connect to a network... grrrrrr

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

If you're referring to the Network item in the Finder window sidebar, you can make it go away by dragging it out of the sidebar. It should go POOF after you do this. The Network icon in the Computer view can not be removed or ejected.

4. BakedBeans thread starter macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

no thats not what i mean.... im meaning its mounted (ie got an eject logo next to it in finder) but when i got to eject it it wont

can you tell me if i can find out any hidden users of my network... as im not connecting to anything other than my ae

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Maybe you're using an older version of Mac OS X than 10.3.5? I have experienced this both with Jaguar and older versions of Panther. I have no idea what it means either.

6. BakedBeans thread starter macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

nope 10.3.5.

do you know of an app that tells you who is connected to your network
    i have just meesed around and upgraded my security on the ae (wep personal and closed network ect)

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

There are UNIX command-line utilities that can do this for you - I'm probably not aware of all of them. I know the tcpdump utility will tell you which IP addresses you're sending packets to/receiving packets from (you'll need to use it with sudo since tcpdump requires root access to use). If you want information on tcpdump, type (at a Terminal shell prompt):
    Code:
    man tcpdump
    Similarly, if you want to learn about sudo:
    Code:
    man sudo

8. syniac macrumors newbie

I know what you're talking about… I used to get it in 10.3.4. It's a [semi]-recognised bug. Don't know how to solve it. It's probably not any user configuration, as at that point I was working in a default account. Tell Apple: www.apple.com/macosx/feedback.