CAN'T FIND FILES IN PREVIOUS ITUNES

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by roscop, May 12, 2005.

1. roscop macrumors newbie

Please help me, I recently upgraded from OS9.1 to OSX 10.3 and thought that my music files from my previous version of i tunes would automatically transfer up. However I cannot find these files in either the new itunes or the previous i tunes under OS 9.1. Any ideas where these hidden files may be???

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

First of all, can you still play your music in iTunes under Mac OS 9.1? If you can, try showing the song file (if this option exists in iTunes for Mac OS 9...), then try consolidating your library (this will move everything into the iTunes Music folder - I don't know where the Mac OS 9 version of iTunes stores it, though), then moving the iTunes Music folder from wherever Mac OS 9 stores it to the Mac OS X location (in Users, in your folder (with your short user name), in Music, in iTunes). That should get your music somewhere where you can locate and manage it.

3. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

----------

I use OS 9.1 and this is how the iMac stores my 2,000 plus songs:

Open the hard drive and there is a folder called "Documents alias" ... within that is an "iTunes" folder ... finally, inside that there is an "iTunes Music" folder. I then have 592 separate folders covering all the artists from A-Z.

4. roscop thread starter macrumors newbie