Can't get Collate to Work

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by BWhaler, Apr 9, 2005.

1. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

I own a HP Laserjet 3700 and I simply can't get collate to work.

I click the collate button on the print dialog, and am using the correct driver, but it still won't work. If I tell an app to print 10 copies, it prints 10 copies of the first page, 10 copies of the second page, etc. Then I have to manually sort them.

This crushes my work flow. Can anyone help?

2. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

Found this at developer.apple.com:-

The printing system in the initial versions of Mac OS X supported a limited print Apple event but there was no way to specify any options or settings to the printing application. As of Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther), the printing system supports an enhanced print Apple event that provides scripters with control over settings such as number of copies, collation, page range, etc.

You need to be using OSX 10.3x to get around these issues that Apple describe.
    Source

Visit CUPS.ORG they have updated printer driver for HP Laserjet 3700

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

HP explicitly supports the CLJ 3700 under MacOS X. Make sure that you have the latest driver. You can download it on this HP web page.

4. BWhaler thread starter macrumors 68020

BWhaler

I downloaded the 4600 driver since HP said the 3700 driver doesn't support collaring. (I'm also on 10.3.8)

But it STILL isn't working. What am I doing wrong? I am sure it is something stupid...

Thanks.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

A print driver allows the OS to use the features supported by your printer. A print driver cannot create features that your printer does not support. Download and install the printer driver for your specific model of the HP Color LaserJet 3700.