Can't get internet in OS9

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by chulio, May 27, 2003.

1. chulio macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have had my Mac for a while now.
    I can't get an interenet connection. The light on my D-Link Router is off the cable hooked up to the Mac.
    The one going to my PC upstairs is on and working.
    Heres the tricky part.
    I have a Dual Boot OS9 & OSX and if I boot up in OSX the light comes on and I can get on the net.
    Before getting the Mac for my music I was a PC expert. The make is even easier but this one is making me look stupid.
    Thanks for the help in advance.

Jimi

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

reinstall 9 and see if that works...mayb its the drivers not installed

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Try inputting alll of your settings again through the OS 9 Internet Setup Assistant.

[Hard Drive] > Applications (Mac OS 9) > Utilities > Assistants > Internet Setup Assistant

Also make sure you have your copy of OS 9 up to date, version 9.2.2.

4. chulio thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi
    This pretty funny. All those years the Mac people telling me how windows sucks and now I can't make my Mac to work.
    It is set to eathernet. It looks like it does not see the router (no lights unless in OSX)
    I can't even get into the IP/TCP setting in the CP. It says Apple talk is inactive.
    When I boot up in OSX and look in the internet setting there are none there but it just says automatic. Why would it work in OSX and not OS9 on the same computer.
    I'm sure it is something simple but it is kind of ironic.

Jimi

5. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

I think OS9 is more manuel than OSX. Try some help files or check to see if the router is OS9 compatible?