Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melvin Furd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
Somewhere in the World
Can't figure out why I can't get internet on my Airport express. It had work before, but now I cannot get a feed. My power book can read that I am getting a signal and i can used it with itune with my speaker but I can't seem to get on the internet any longer. I went to my brother's house and his airport express works fine. When I plug mine in at his place, I get nothing. :( . I have tried resetting to the default settings and upgrading the firmware, Still no internet. Can anybody shed any light.

MemphisSoulStew

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
UK
Melvin Furd said:
Can't figure out why I can't get internet on my Airport express. It had work before, but now I cannot get a feed. My power book can read that I am getting a signal and i can used it with itune with my speaker but I can't seem to get on the internet any longer. I went to my brother's house and his airport express works fine. When I plug mine in at his place, I get nothing. :( . I have tried resetting to the default settings and upgrading the firmware, Still no internet. Can anybody shed any light.

You may need to change the MTU setting for your Airport Express. You can change this setting for built-in Ethernet via System Preferences, but unfortunately it's not so easy with an AEx and you have to do it through a Terminal window - see the last post on for instructions.

mykungfu

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2005
getting signal on airport express

I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy. Here's something you might not have tried- pretty simple, but it worked for me:
>system preferences
>network
>Show: Network Port Configurations
>drag AirPort Extreme to the top of the list
>Apply changes

reboot and try turning on AirPort...hope this helps solve your problem!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.