Can't Get Scanner to Work

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by vampirepiggy, Jan 2, 2005.

1. vampirepiggy macrumors newbie

vampirepiggy

I'm trying to hook up a Visioneer OneTouch 7100 USB Flatbed Scanner to my 867 MHz TiBook. I'm running Mac OSX 10.3.7.

The box says it's designed for Windows XP, but I was wondering if there was a special driver for Macs. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hi, anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you may be out of luck. Try ImageCapture in the Utilities folder, but when I first got my iBook, I found that a lot of low end, or perhaps rather certain vendor's, scanners from the Win world are not mac compatible. We had two at my parents' house and neither of them work with my iBook.... Your visioneer seems to be another one that isn't compatible. Sorry. :(

3. Mertzen macrumors 6502

Mertzen

VueScan [ a great app that supports over 400 scanners ] doesn't support any visioneer scanners .. and if they can't get it to work there is little hope to be honest ..

4. vampirepiggy thread starter macrumors newbie

vampirepiggy

Yeah, I think I can still take it back, though. Nothing was ripped or torn when I opened it. :p

5. Mertzen macrumors 6502

Mertzen

good idea .. sometimes it is worth spending a tad more on a name brand like canon or so ..