Can't go to certain websites?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thestaton, Feb 8, 2007.

1. thestaton macrumors 6502

I have tried to go to UPS.com with firefox, safari & omniweb and I get an error on each one.

But if I go over to my roommates computer with firefox it works just fine. This has been happening with more & more sites lately. And its driving me nuts.

How do you fix this?

this is what I get with firefox.

2. Fini macrumors newbie

Fini

3. thestaton thread starter macrumors 6502

I have nothing loaded, out of the normal. all that I use is bfilter but I tried turning that off and I still had the same problems.

4. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

From the command line, use nslookup to see what address you get for the URL (and make sure you don't have a proxy set up in Firefox.) See if you're getting the same issue with Safari, if not, look at loaded plug-ins, if you are, then suspect routing, netmasks, or blocking at a firewall/router/DSL service (Verizon does some blocking stuff by default that's really ugly to get rid of.)

5. thestaton thread starter macrumors 6502

ups.com works fine on my MBP but this is what I got from the nslookup on the iMac that's acting up with all the browsers.

6. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

That looks valid. I'd compare addresses/netmasks and routes between the two Macs (ifconfig and netstat -nr,) and I'd also see if whatever's doing NAT (router, cable modem...) is set up right for the correct number of systems.