Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
The problem I have is that the App Store doesn't allow download of already purchased apps as it sees them already on my Lion setup as i am dual booting. I can get round this by copying them from Lion to ML, but I'm not sure how reliable that is.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The problem I have is that the App Store doesn't allow download of already purchased apps as it sees them already on my Lion setup as i am dual booting. I can get round this by copying them from Lion to ML, but I'm not sure how reliable that is.

Holding down Option doesn't let you install them?

alexcanton

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
Gold Coast, AU
Apple has seemed to address the issue. I can now update apps and software updates through the Mac App Store.

Thanks guys.

applefanboy7

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2012
I am having same issue on 10.8 Mountain Lion. I can't install any updates or new apps from the Mac App Store. Whenever I click update or install new app, the loading circle at the top keeps spinning and nothing happens. The 2nd beta of 10.8 did not fix the issue.

yoz

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2012
A partial solution:
  • Create a new user account on your Mac with the same Apple ID, and give it admin privileges.
  • Updates of non-pre-installed apps (i.e. nearly all of them) should now work fine.
  • Trying to accept pre-installed apps (e.g. iPhoto, iMovie, Garageband) still doesn't work; the spinner runs and nothing else happens.

I suspect that there's a bug in accepting pre-installed apps that clobbers the per-user App Store settings. Let me just work out which files they are...

----------

OK, these are the files:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.storeagent
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist
~/Library/Cookies/com.apple.appstore.plist

Throw these in the trash (but don't Empty it) along with any files that have the same name with .lock at the end. Then try again. If that doesn't work, try the new account workaround I mentioned above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.