Can't Install Warcraft 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Reeves, Feb 14, 2005.

1. macrumors member

OK, I just bought Warcraft 3 for Mac/PC and I put the disc in, double clicked install.exe and it asked me to choose an application to run it. Shouldn't I be able to click it and just begin the installation? Does it make any difference that I have a Mac from America and a game from England? Please help me out.

Thanks,
    Reeves

2. macrumors newbie

The file Install.Exe is used to install WC3 onto a PC. It's been a while since I've installed Warcraft 3, but if a window doesn't automatically pop up when you put the first CD in, open the CD window and look for a Macintosh/Apple folder. The install file should be somewhere in there, it will have either "Install Warcraft 3" or simply "Warcraft 3" as the name (if i recall correctly). See if that works.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Well thanks for trying but I can't seem to find what your talking about. Heres a picture of it though so maybe someone can tell me what to click?

Attached Files:

4. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hmm, it's not seeing the Mac files on the CD. Basically there are two different sections on the CD, one for Windows and one for Mac. For some reason you're seeing the Windows one instead of the Mac one.

Unfortunately, that's the limit of my experience. Does anyone know how to fix this?

5. macrumors 68000

Veldek

6. thread starter macrumors member

7. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Does it SAY Mac OS X on the box? If so, you should take it back to the retailer and ask them to exchange it for another copy, preferably from another shipment of the game (ie, maybe not stacked near where the other one was)... Unless you got it from eBay or something? Anyways, your other option is to try and find a copy of the game from a friend or online or something.

Before everyone gets all excited that I suggest he should download the game illegally, I am saying he should get a copy of the installer/game anyway he can and then use his legal serial number to install it and play it. You might need to read up on no-cd patches or disc image workaround for that to work, though.

Last ditch, call Blizzard and bitch. They try pretty hard to please Mac users, so they may be able to help you out.

Rob

8. macrumors 68000

Veldek

I won't because that's what I also suggested in the other thread. This would be perfectly legal, I think.