Can't Install World Book From eMac DVD's

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ryannel2003, Dec 31, 2005.

1. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Hello Everyone and Happy Early New Year! :p

I just installed Tiger 10.4.3 on my eMac yesterday and I originally had World Book 2004 on my eMac when I bought it. I tried to install it from the Restore DVD but I always get a message like "Fatal error; needed resource has become unavaliable". Then when I try to eject the disk, I have to reboot and hold the mouse down. Then I downloaded Pacifist so I could extract it, but I don't know how it works. Can someone please help me! I really need World Book 2004, and I would also like to install Garageband as well. Thank You!

2. super_kev macrumors 6502

super_kev

Restore DVD... can't remember what that looks like, so going from memory here. You might want to try selecting the installer package (looks like a cardboard box) and control-click on it and choose "Show Original". That should bring up a window and you should be able to find the original software installers for Garageband and World Book in there.

3. ryannel2003 thread starter macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Sorry for such late response. I did what you suggested and nothing came up. I clicked on the "Restore Classic and Applications" package when you first insert the DVD and still nothing came up. Man I wish I could find a way to get it working. I really miss Garageband! :(

4. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I had a problem with this a few years back. They made it really a hard to reinstall because thye didn't want it redistributed. Perhaps try calling Apple.