Can't load TV Shows onto my IPOD

Discussion in 'iPod' started by HYDER, Aug 17, 2006.

1. HYDER macrumors newbie

Aug 17, 2006
    I am unable to get TV Shows to load onto my Ipod (30g video) from Itunes. All the shows are bought by someone else for an ipod.

Why can't i load them onto my ipod when the downloaded movies did just fine.

I really could use some help. Thanks in advance.
  2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    If you aren't authorized to view those videos since they were bought by someone else then you cannot view them on either your computer or iPod. Once you get those rights by putting in the buyer's account and password then you may transfer them. That is the most likely scenario.
  3. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    Can you play them in iTunes? If you can, then should be able to go on the iPod with no problems. My guess, as well as rockthecasbah's, is that you are not authorized to play your friends videos on you computer. If you try playing them it should pop up with a box to input your friends ITMS password. If they are nice, they will give it to you and then you can play the videos.
  4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    TV shows won't show themselves in a TV show playlist unless they are downloaded off iTMS. Lostify allows you to edit the tags so TV shows show up in a TV Shows menu on your iPod.
  5. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2006
  6. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    Set your iPod to manually update, then go to your friends computer, then drag the tv shows onto your iPod. Otherwise your friend cold just authorise you, which is more legal:)
  7. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2006
    Yeah have your friend authorize you!