Can't login into Apple ID for iMessage.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jillcrosley, Sep 25, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2012
    Once I got the iOS 6 update, I had to re-login to use iMessage. I use my same login and password that I've been using, and that works for everything else. I enter the info, hit next, it says 'Verifying', then takes me back to the login screen. No error message saying my password was incorrect, or anything. I've done this about 100 times, and the same thing keeps happening. Any ideas what the problem is? Thanks!
  2. macrumors 6502a

May 20, 2008
    I think it might be the time zone setting.

Make sure you have the time zone set correctly, and your ipad's current time is also correct.
  3. macrumors 68020

Nov 22, 2011
    East Coast USA
    I had the same issue today. Caused so much problems I had to restore my ipad
  4. macrumors newbie

Oct 2, 2009
    Plano, TX
    Try logging in with your iCloud e-mail address [] instead of your typical Apple ID e-mail and your current Apple ID password. Worked for me when I got this error trying to login on my MacBook Air.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2013
    I finally found the solution for my iPad and iMessage. The problem was coming from the mismatch of my home address associated with my Apple ID and the international settings on my iPad... Here's how to fix that: