Can't mont .dmg applications

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by t\/\/!$t, Feb 18, 2007.

1. t\/\/!$t macrumors newbie

I have a mac 10.1.5 just to let you know. I have trouble mounting .dmg application such as games and other files using disk copy. I got some searches leading me to downloading Repair Privileges. When I run it and have it ask me which mac os x volume I wish to reprair. I choose macintosh HD. As it scans the files it crashes around item 1065 (varies). Not totally crashed but the application Repair Privileges stops running.

Well my probly is I can't mount .dmg files with disk copy and can't get it repaired.

2. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

3. t\/\/!$t thread starter macrumors newbie

backup what data and reinstall what. If you mean back data I'm affriad to lost theres not much. Reinstall disk copy?

It may be software I need.

4. racoonka macrumors newbie

Hey! Actually I have no reply for you, but question-how did you go? I have problems downloading applications, opening that is. They download in .dmg file, but when I click on the file it looks like the computer is gonna open it, but then nothing happens. Since you've been around 'dmg issue' do you have any advice on this? racoonka:eek:

5. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Have you tried "Back-up and reinstall"? Try it it solves everything.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Shouldn't have to reinstall, fixing permissions and hunting down and tossing the offending apps preference file sometimes works with less trouble.

7. racoonka macrumors newbie

I did in the end reinstall, it was a longish process but it worked out for the best. And I got rid of lots of staff I didn't need. Me happy!!!!:D Thanx!

8. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

You fired people:(:eek::(