Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmuffy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
....well almost.

I am having a problem mounting anything other than CD's/DVD's. SMB's give an error 36 while DMG's and any external drives give no error at all but just do not mount (they don't show up in disk util either).

I have tried logging into my admin account thinking the problem was just with my user account but I get the same problems. I also tried creating a new account (in a fit of wild optimism) but again nothing. I have also tried resetting perms and the other scripts in Onyx but still no joy.

I am hoping that the problem is something simple as I would hate to lose my itunes podcast files (the only things not backed up of course!) so any help would be welcome.

Cheers
Ray

System : macbook running 10.4.8

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
I had a problem with disk images as well, the only difference was that I couldn't unmount anything!

Have you tried restarting your computer? It worked for me...

mcmuffy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Sorted. Ended up doing a re-install with the keep current accounts option and everything works fine now. I am guessing I deleted or moved something within the system that I should not have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.