Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Hey everyone!

Hoping someone can help out here. I am doing some slide presentations using Flash Player (I know, but it has to be this way). Previously, I would extract the file from a zip on to my desktop and it would just open the presentation. Ever since 10.10, I have been receiving the error shown in my attachment.

Last year I had this same issue, and managed to find a workaround that involved on right clicking the file, choosing "Show Package Contents" and then copy/pasting something from inside the file somewhere else.

Try as I might, I have been unable to find these workaround instructions again and I am running low on time. Hoping someone in here might have encountered the same issue and be able to offer some help.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 4.28.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 4.28.42 PM.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 293

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hey everyone!

Hoping someone can help out here. I am doing some slide presentations using Flash Player (I know, but it has to be this way). Previously, I would extract the file from a zip on to my desktop and it would just open the presentation. Ever since 10.10, I have been receiving the error shown in my attachment.

Last year I had this same issue, and managed to find a workaround that involved on right clicking the file, choosing "Show Package Contents" and then copy/pasting something from inside the file somewhere else.

Try as I might, I have been unable to find these workaround instructions again and I am running low on time. Hoping someone in here might have encountered the same issue and be able to offer some help.

Thanks in advance!
Control click the item and then click open

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Control click the item and then click open

Still doesn't work. This is a very particular issue. I know I had the workaround at one point, involving copying and pasting package contents. Just not sure what/where.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Try Open With, and open it in Safari.

Is it some kind of compressed EXE with a flash file embedded inside?

It is a .app file that is a flash "package" if that makes sense. It is a .app file that basically acts as a folder containing all of our slides. Last year I had this same issue and was able to circumvent it by opening Package Contents and copying/pasting something. Just not sure what.

Edited to add: Can't be opened in Safari or with other 3rd party flash player apps. The file won't open in other programs because it's a .app. It acts as a folder/app and will not be opened in other programs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 3.55.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 3.55.31 AM.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
In that case try to go to System Preferences --> Security --> Click the lock in the bottom corner and input your password --> Set Allow apps to be installed from everywhere --> Try to open the Flash app again.

Gav2k's should essentially do the same, but try it anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.