cant play my songs on mac via itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by schmintan, Mar 7, 2007.

1. schmintan macrumors regular

i just got my new mac, opened ituens , added my mp3 folder from my external HD, added it, but when i go to itunes via the remote control i get a message saying itunes cant play the songs and i have to click on them and purchase them in itunes. i have about 30gb of music, much off cd's. buying 30gb of music is out of the question. what can i do here? this issue, if not resolved will end in me returning my mac!

2. artalliance macrumors 6502

Have you tried playing the songs without the remote control/Frontrow? Just in itunes itself.

3. schmintan thread starter macrumors regular

yea, that works, but the idea of the remote is nice, for when im going to sleep and what not. why wont it play the songs via the remote?

4. artalliance macrumors 6502

i don't have frontrow or a remote, so i might be saying something really stupid now.

are you trying to stream your music to an external stereo?

5. schmintan thread starter macrumors regular

nope. just trying to play it on the mac. actually, it doesnt play through itunes if i click on it either, apologies for my incorrect answer before.

6. artalliance macrumors 6502

Never heard that before.
    Do the songs show up in itunes? How did you add them to the library?

7. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Are you trying to play the songs from teh External, or did you copy them to your internal disk?

8. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Well, sounds like you ripped most of the music yourself, but do you have any tracks from the iTunes Store? If so, have you authorized your new Mac to play them? I've heard of this issue before but don't remember the exact solution, you might try searching the forums some more though.

9. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

if you want to authorize the music just authorize by clicking advanced and click authorize account simple hope that helps:D