Can't print to printer on network

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by DavidLeblond, Feb 13, 2005.

1. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm on my iBook trying to print to a Lexmark Z705 that's hooked up to my fiancee's Dell. I can't for the life of me get it to work.

I have her computer/printer shared and my iBook can see it just fine. But when I try to print to it it just acts like its about to print and then just stops.

When I goto the printer/fax preference pane I can find the printer but when I go to pick the model of printer its not listed. I installed the Lexmark's drivers with no success (I can print off the printer just fine when its hooked directly to my laptop.)

Anyone have any ideas? Using latest version of Panther.
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    This has been a spot of OS X that is sometimes a little buggy, printing to a shared printer on a Windows computer. HP and Lexmark printers seem to be effected the most. There really is no fix other than guess and test at drivers or change the setup. Changing the setup I mean hooking the printer up to the iBook to be shared or setup a network printer, possibly using an Airport Express if you go wireless with your iBook. I say possibly for the express because I'm not sure if the Dell would then be able to print to the network printer when its on the Express. That would best be answered by someone else or and Apple Genius at one of the Apple stores.