can't print with word

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by IBSNOWEDIN, Jun 2, 2004.

1. IBSNOWEDIN macrumors member

i got a epson stylusCX5400. I installed all the drivers and everhthing and they all went fine. But for some reason i can't print with Word version X, but i can prnt with textedit, photoshop and what not. help please.

Thanks

2. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

The test drive office v.x doesn't let you print. Is this what your working with?

3. IBSNOWEDIN thread starter macrumors member

nope..the real office. doesn't give me any warnings at all it just opens the print window and puts it in jobs then automaticly stops the job with no warnings and i clikc sart job it just stops again and doesn't give any reasons for stopping.

4. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

That's strange. I have the same printer and have had no problems with it at all. Does it print in PPT or Excel? I don't know why it would just be Word. My only suggestion is to reinstall it...

Good luck,
    JOD8FY

5. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Delete the com.apple.print. files (should be four) then re-install your printer. You can always print to PDF and then print from preview.

6. boomtopper macrumors member

boomtopper

Another trick is to make sure your page setup is set to A4 cause word seems to allways default it to US Letter and this is the problem i allways get with printing.

7. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

I had an issue like this with word for a while. If I clicked on the little printer icon it would do exactly what you described. However, if I went to print under the file menu, it would print fine. The problem was solved when I reinstalled Office after a clean sweep of my hard disk.

8. IBSNOWEDIN thread starter macrumors member

i already tried reinstalling it.. but for some reason on my powerbook it prints from word with no problem.

EDIT: I got it to work but it is printing boarderless on my word docs like they didn't have any marges.