Can't Redeem Gift Cards on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by clarkgriswold, Aug 8, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Nov 18, 2009
    ]Im trying to redeem 2 iTunes/App Store gift cards and each time I try on my iPad or my iPhone is asks me to log in with my apple id after entering the code. *I do, and then it asks me to log in again, and again, over and over and will not redeem the code. *I have reset the iPad and have reset my password, and it still won't work. *I got one to work by redeeming it through iTunes on my computer. *Why can't I redeem it directly on my device?

Also, on my iPad, when I go to Settings-Store, then click on my applie id, and click "view apple ID", it asks for my password. *When I enter it, it asks for it again, and again. *Something is not right. If I log out, reset the device, go back to settings and log in it'll show me my account info but still wont redeem the card. And, as soon as I do try to redeem it again, I lose the ability to see my account info under settings/store unless I do another log out/restore.

I called apple and they told me to email iTunes support, which I did, but I'm inpatient and pessimistic.
  2. macrumors 603

Apr 13, 2010
    welcome to the world of iCloud where your money goes poof up into the cloud never to be seen again. Well on a serious note can you call the phone number on the back of the gift card and verify that you have a balance on the cards.

Did you buy these cards from a store or by them secondhand on ebay? If you have a receipt you stand a chance if they were stripped of the balance. If you only have the card and it is at 0 you can ask for history of the card. You may be able to figure out how the money was spent. I have purchased many cards from ebay. thousands of dollars in the last 4 years.

Apple, amazon, ebay, lowes and home depot. So far I have been cheated about 70 bucks. I also have had more then 1000 in savings on the cards.

here is a card I purchased the other day

I saved about 27 bucks and cashed the card in when it arrived. If it did not work I would have to wait for ebay to fix the problem which takes about a month.

Well whether you bought it at a discount, at a store or it was a gift I hope it works out for you.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Nov 18, 2009
    The card still has funds on it - when I redeemed one directly through iTunes on my computer it worked fine, for some reason it won't let me redeem via iTunes/App Store on my iPhone or iPad though.