Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
hey i can't remember nor can i find in search for that program that is still in beta stage that allows you to run certain windows programs without actually using windows...WHAT IS IT CALLED? WHERE IS THE WEBSITE? :confused: not bootcamp, not paralles, BUT....?

and how well does it work..do you guys know?

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
maxi said:

Qemu is a really unstable and slow emultion software that allows you to run Windows (or any PC OS), so he would have to "actually use Windows" which is what he doesn't want to do.

Crossover Office is Wine for Mac OS X. If you are familiar at all with Linux's Wine, then you'll see that they are one in the same.

- The General :)

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
The General said:
Qemu is a really unstable and slow emultion software that allows you to run Windows (or any PC OS), so he would have to "actually use Windows" which is what he doesn't want to do.

Crossover Office is Wine for Mac OS X. If you are familiar at all with Linux's Wine, then you'll see that they are one in the same.

- The General :)
If the OP intends to use his G5 he will likely still need an emulator. perhaps the PPC version of Darwine?

B

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
oh no i have a mbp but i just haven't updated my sig...speaking of updating my sig..i'll do it right now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.