CAN'T REMEMBER!! aaah

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by iEric, Sep 28, 2006.

1. iEric macrumors 6502a

hey i can't remember nor can i find in search for that program that is still in beta stage that allows you to run certain windows programs without actually using windows...WHAT IS IT CALLED? WHERE IS THE WEBSITE? :confused: not bootcamp, not paralles, BUT....?

and how well does it work..do you guys know?

2. The General macrumors 601

Hello,

I believe you are looking for Crossover Office for Mac, which can be found at www.codeweavers.com :)

It is fairly unstable, I find it faster to reboot to Windows. :eek:

3. The General macrumors 601

Qemu is a really unstable and slow emultion software that allows you to run Windows (or any PC OS), so he would have to "actually use Windows" which is what he doesn't want to do.

Crossover Office is Wine for Mac OS X. If you are familiar at all with Linux's Wine, then you'll see that they are one in the same.

- The General :)

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

If the OP intends to use his G5 he will likely still need an emulator. perhaps the PPC version of Darwine?

B

5. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh no i have a mbp but i just haven't updated my sig...speaking of updating my sig..i'll do it right now...

6. The General macrumors 601

Okay, so fill us in. What were you looking for? Crossover Office? Qemu? Darwine?