Can't remember the name of an old App

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Pancake, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Pancake macrumors regular

Pancake

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I've been trying to remember the name of a program I used to play around with on my Mom's Mac years ago. I think she had a PowerMac 7100, 7200 or 7500. I remember the 7 part :)

I think the program was a screensaver. It would let you select some varibles like size, planet, etc. and then create a fly-over of a random planet's surface made of little polygons.

I wish I could give a better description but its just on the tip of my brain.

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

It wasn't something from AfterDark was it? They used to do lots of Mac screen-savers back in the day though I don't recall the one you described.

3. Pancake thread starter macrumors regular

Pancake

I know she had AfterDark, I remember the flying toasters, but I'm not sure if what I'm trying to remember was part of it or not.

I suppose it's not really important, but it just one of those things that has been bugging me for days now.:p

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

It sounds like you're describing the "Vista" module of AfterDark, which is far less exciting than you probably remember it.

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Actually I take that back, it is pretty cool to watch (doing so right now).

Attached Files:

6. Pancake thread starter macrumors regular

Pancake

Oooooo, that's what I was trying to remember. Thanks a million, dpaanlka. Now my mind can move to other pointless strugles, like why in X-Men 3 are all the headlights on the cars on the bridge lit in the extra wide night shot, when everyone abandoned their cars during daylight?