Can't rename XP "Untitled" Drive under OS X

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by chosenwolf, Dec 27, 2006.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

This has been bugging me today. I can't rename the default "Untitled" drive that is placed on the desktop when I'm on OS X. How do I disable the drive from being "Read only."

Also, is there a way to be able to tap the trackpad for a double-click under Windows XP? What about tapping the trackpad with 2 fingers for a right click feature?

Thanks!

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Rename the drive in Windows. It will show the new name within OS X.

3. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

Yeah, I realized that you can't edit files in the Windows drive under OS X with the NTSF file system. I am reinstalling Windows now with the FAT32 file system.

4. RSXer macrumors newbie

Hi I was wondering even though you cannot edit files in Windows drive under OS X with the NTSF file system are you able to read them and move them into the OS X drive?

Thanks in advance.

5. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Yes, you can read and copy the files. You can't "move" them because erasing them from the Windows drive would be a "write" operation.

6. RSXer macrumors newbie

Super cool ... so if use NTSF I cannot write which include moving, changing etc. however i could copy onto OSX and read right?

I guess i will use NTSF instead of FAT then because of the 32Gig limit.

THanks again!

7. rblaas macrumors newbie

You can use additional software like Macdrive6 to gain access (read & write) to your OSX

8. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

Via Parallels you can also do drag-n-drop in the latest beta release. Even when it is in NTFS.