Can't Resize iTunes Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sheepopo39, Jan 9, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2008
    I recently bought my mother a macbook and I recently opened up iTunes for her so I could set it up for her and I noticed that I can't resize the window at all and the window is too small for her. I tried clicking the green button but that makes it into a small audio player. So what I am wondering is if anyone has any suggestion on how to resize the iTunes windows
  2. macrumors 6502

Jan 25, 2008
    In the bottom right hand corner, there is a little triangle looking shape. Click and hold, and just drag that to resize the window. Hope you understand:D

When I first got my mac, I was trying to resize the window with the "+" on the top left, and it wouldn't make it bigger! :rolleyes:
  3. macrumors newbie

Feb 7, 2008

If you hold down the option key and click on the green plus (optimize) button it will resize iTunes properly. Also useful if the bottom right resize arrow is off of the screen.
  4. macrumors newbie

Oct 12, 2003
    WOOT, Thank you, I have needed to do this for the last hour, and finally did a google search to find your answer! woots.

5. macrumors newbie

Apr 17, 2009
    Thanks so much smockonallama. That helped me out.
  6. macrumors 6502

Sep 10, 2008
    this thread is a little old but i recently sold my external screen and couldn't resize itunes. thanks.
  7. macrumors member

Jan 5, 2009
    Ahhhh, the power of community! Thanks for the info! ;)
  8. macrumors member

Aug 29, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
  9. macrumors newbie

Feb 7, 2008

I am so glad that so many people are finding this thread. I guess it really is all about the little things in life. Thanks for the kinds words everyone. Cheers!! :apple::D
  10. macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2010
    Thanks smockonallama I tunes help didn't help me but you did.
  11. macrumors newbie

Mar 21, 2010
    I'll add my name to the Thanks. This is my first time on a Mac in 20 years and this thread saved me some frustration that was developing.
  12. macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2007
    It's the small things

Ah, the Option key. Something so simple - after years of working on a Mac and I couldn't figure out how to resize the window when I hooked my Mac up to my TV. Thank you!!!
  13. MST
    macrumors 6502

Dec 3, 2007
    London, UK
    You're not the only one, it's been a revelation :eek:

Thanks smockonallama, even if it has taken 3 years to get it...from me at least!
  14. macrumors member

Jun 26, 2010
    Haha, thanks to smockonallama and Google.

Unplugged my mbp from my cinema display and couldn't figure out how to resize itunes. Strange that OSX seemed to automatically resize it for me but in this situation it did not.

15. macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2011
    New Mexico

Been using this forum for a while, and what a good community! Just signed up so I can say my first Big THANK YOU for this particular iTunes response. Big huge help, as always.:)
  16. macrumors 6502a

Apr 7, 2009
    I'm going to join the necroposters and add ... for the switchers, the little green circle with the + in it is NOT a maximize button ....
  17. macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2012

Thanks! Your intruction was easy and the greatest thing was it worked!
  18. macrumors newbie

Feb 7, 2008
    Thank you!!

Holy crap!! 3 years running. Thanks for all of the thanks everyone!! :D
  19. macrumors 6502

Dec 5, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Here we are, a few years later. I've been stuck with this issue for the past month. I just wanted to show all my gratitude for the few lines you took the time to scribble here. You, sir, are my new hero <3

edit: wow, I see I wasn't alone lol