Can't restore iPhone 4 backup onto iPhone 5!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dj95, Dec 2, 2012.

1. macrumors member

HELP! Just got an iPhone 5 and everytime i try to restore I get the error you can see in the pic attached. Both are fully up to date to 6.0.1 and the backup is recent. I've tried everything I know; restore the 5 then try and use the backup, delete the backup and make a new one, restart itunes, everything to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated :(. I'm on iTunes 11 as well.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502

Try an iCloud backup on the old phone and restore the new one from that?

3. thread starter macrumors member

I don't have enough iCloud storage unfortunately.

4. macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

I've had that problem many times with iTunes on Windows 7 64-bit. I end up having to backup and restore from iCloud. If you have too much data to backup to iCloud you could:
    a) temporarily buy more iCloud space
    b) Remove non-Apple content from your phone onto your computer (photos and video for example) and manually add them to your new phone after the restore

5. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your suggestions :) Before I attempted this I tried one last go at deleting the back up and making a fresh one and it has worked now, at last! I tried this before but this time the backup took a lot longer to do so I assume it didn't fully delete itself the first few times. Time to enjoy the iPhone woo!! :D:apple: