Can't restore MacBook Pro firmware

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Coheebuzz, May 28, 2006.

1. Coheebuzz macrumors 6502

Last night i installed the MacBook Pro Firmware Update 1.0.1 just to check out Boot Camp. I never had any problems with my computer except a very silent whine which didn't bother me. Also i was one of the lucky ones that got a cool MBP, idle was 27-37 and it never got past 60 under full-load.
    But after the update the FIRST thing i noticed was heat! Without doing anything the idle speed went to 54. The whine is gone - but i prefer a cooler laptop. I had already installed the SMC Update and not problems there.

Now i tried restoring back to v. 1 without any luck and after a search at Apple Discussions i found out the you can't revert to an older firmware if the installation of the new one is successful. I used Hardware Monitor and saved some graphs from after the update and i want to run it again under the old one just to make sure its not my imagination.

Anyone know of a way to delete the new firmware so that i can install the old one?

Thanks

2. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

you would have to find the old firmware somewhere and reinstall it, if it will let you. The reason for the heat is that the new firmware keeps both porcessor cores busy so that they will not whine. While it may not whine anymore, it is now constantly using a small percentage of the processor, giving it no rest.

3. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep