Can't restore my iphone! Plz Help Me!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by khong1010, Aug 21, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Aug 1, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    I was updating my iphone 3G application and trying to sync new apps (deleting/adding apps). And my phone got completely froze. It only shows apple logo and never enters main screen. So I tried to restore the phone by pressing sleep and home buttons. Itune showed I have to restore the iphone so I clicked on restored. But it shows i can not restore due to unknown error 6. What should i Do!!!

just take it to apple store? sux.. :(
  2. macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2008
    Puget Sound, U.S.A.
    DFU Mode

Plug it into your USB cable and then power down.

Once it is turned off-press and hold power button and home button at the same time for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, release the power button but hold the home button for another 10 seconds.

The phone will then go into restore mode and itunes will ask you to restore.

Hopefully you have a current back up :eek:

Also-make sure and HOLD THE 2 BUTTONS FOR A FULL 10 SECONDS or it won't work. After you release the power button, you can just hold the home button until DFU starts.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Aug 1, 2008
    San Jose, CA

I dont think i hold down the two buttons long enough... ^_^

It successfully went to DFU mode and it's restoring right now..

4. macrumors newbie

Aug 20, 2008
    pllz help

i used stupid quick pwn software to jailbreak my iphone [2.0.1] software. after that all it did was it got my phone stuck in recovery mode wich in the quick pwn software it is a picture of a guy. so every time i turn my phone on it show the apple logo then goes straight to recovery mode. i cant get it out of there and i cant even restore it on itunes it gives me 1604 error. pllz help i dont want to send it in because it jailbroken and im sure apple wont fix it.