Can't Review Apps obtained through Redemption Codes

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Amazing Iceman, Apr 18, 2011.

Are you CURRENTLY having trouble Reviewing iOS App you got through a Redemption Code?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
  2. No

4 vote(s)
  1. macrumors 68030

Amazing Iceman

Nov 8, 2008
    Florida, U.S.A.
    Hello, today I noticed that on my iPad, I can't review any of the apps I got through Redemption Codes given to me by the developers.
    The App Store on the iPad shows that I have Installed the application, but when I try to review it, a message pops up saying: "You do not own this item... etc.".

This must be a recent problem as in the past I was able to review all apps I have installed, without any problems.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
  2. macrumors 68030

Mar 30, 2004
    This was an issue for me last week, but it seems to be working now. It seems App Store had major issues last week, ranging from inability to review and rate apps from iPad, many apps not showing up as available, and already downloaded apps not reporting as INSTALLED or INSTALL. It may still be happening on some select titles.
  3. thread starter macrumors 68030

Amazing Iceman

Nov 8, 2008
    Florida, U.S.A.
    Thanks for letting me know. Then this must be a temporary glitch. The strangest thing is that only happens with applications I got through Redemption Codes I got from several developers. All other applications I either purchase or download don't have this problem.

4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 2, 2011
    Just so you know, I just had this problem on an app that I paid real money for. So it's definitely not limited to redemption code apps. I did have the problem once last week on an app I got with a code, and it cleared up in about a day, so I'm hoping this time it does too.