Can't seem to change app icon in sidebar (?)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iVersa, Oct 18, 2006.

1. iVersa macrumors 6502

This is odd, Ive changed my applications icon and it also changed the sidebar icon too (like it normally should) then just now I accidently dragged it out so it dissapeared. So I dragged the app folder back into my sidebar and now it has the original icon again, and I can't seem to change it back however many times I try. The actual folder is changing no problem its just the icon in the sidebar that isn't

Any advice?

Attached Files:

2. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

Does the same to me - hmmmm, thats an odd one. All the rest of the icons in the sidebar change, just not that one.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Have you tried force quitting the finder? I sometimes get this problem too after changing icons.

4. iVersa thread starter macrumors 6502

Just tried relaunching it, didnt work. Ive also tried logging out and in again.

Its just odd because I managed to change it no problem the first time round :confused:

5. iVersa thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm ok Ive managed to sort it out.

I tried changing it to a totally new icon (as opposed to the new one I wanted for apps) after relaunching finder and it changed just fine. Then I chose my new app icon and applied it and it went back to the same old original app icon.

So for some reason my finder was associating the new app icon with the old one. So I just duplicated my new icon, deleted the old one, applied the duplicate and the sidebar icon changed.

:)

Attached Files: