Can't send E-Mail via .Mac Account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LimeiBook86, Sep 22, 2004.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I have a Dot Mac account. Recently all of a sudden I noticed I can't send any e-mail. I can receive e-mail fine, but I can't send any. I haven't changed my modem or router settings. I reset them quickly to see if that would fix the problem but it still didn't. I took a screenshot of the error message.

I haven't touched any settings in "Mail.app" before this happened, I did try re-typing in the SMTP but that didn't work. Here is a screenshot I get when I try to send an e-mail.

All .Mac services are online, so it's not their problem. Please, someone try and help me out, I can't send any e-mail to anyone...

:( :confused: :eek:

Here is a screenshot of the error messaege:

Attached Files:

2. mslifkin macrumors regular

mslifkin

Hi,

I've got the same problem. I used to be able to send E-Mail from my .Mac account, then one day it just stopped working. Apparently my ISP is blocking mail sent from the .Mac SMTP server; possibly in a move to cut down on spam. The solution is to use your ISP's SMTP server to send mail, and you can configure Mail.app to do just that. There should be an option to add an SMTP server. Let me know how you make out.

Regards,
    Marc

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

If that's the case then I'd also contact your ISP to verify that they are blocking the .Mac server... if they don't know people are using it they won't be prone to turning it back on...

4. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

idiots...

I changed the SMTP server to "mail.optonline.net" which is my lame ISP's address. I was able to send an e-mail to myself but I didn't receive it!!

I'm going to call up tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind, I pay for this e-mail account and I don't like them banning SMTP servers because a bunch of people sign up to 100 web sites with their e-mail address and don't read the "Do not send me e-mail", checkbox. I sent a simple e-mail that said "Test" 5 minutes ago, I haven't received it, even sending the e-mail was slow, and it was only one word!

I really hate this.....sorry I had to vent. All this time it was my ISP...!

@#$%^&* :mad:

EDIT: I just got my e-mail that I mailed to myself. It took over 10 minutes to send it to myself!!! I can't imagine downloading images or files, and sending important e-mails and having people wait for it will be very fun...uuuggghhhh :(

5. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Okay, I had this EXACT same problem for a week once when I visited my sister, using her ISP. I came back and it worked fine. So I am going to put my vote in for an ISP problem but I am not suring...Perhaps you should try using somone else's Mac?

6. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

It is the ISP's problem, I tried my Aunt's iMac in NY and my e-mail worked fine. It has to be my dumb ISP, I e-mailed .Mac about it a while ago, I guess I don't need their help now since it works, but wo..rk..s...ve..ry......sl....ow.....ly........ :(