Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjjordan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2003
United States
I'm trying to send a file from my iChat AV to a pc running windows 2000 and the latest AIM software. I'm sure neither of us have a firewall in place.

Any thoughts as to what's wrong??

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
hey, i had the same problem about a week ago, it seems to me that aim and ichat are picky as to when they decide to let you send files, sometimes we were able to get the files sent and others no matter what it wouldnt, however i recommend restarting both computers and then trying seen as that cleared the problem at least twice for me....good luck and hopefully we can find so reason why files cant be sent easily...perhaps because im using the beta version of ichat 2.1??

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
That's odd. I use MSN Messenger for instant messaging, because it's what all my friends use. But I've found that when sending files using iChat, they *always* work, whereas they usually fail with MSN Messenger. Weird.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
hmm i haven't had that problem. the problem maybe due the fact that one of you is behide a firewall or a NAT.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I've just had the problem about 3 times tonight. We've been getting this message "The AIM proxy refused the connection. Check the proxy information in the Accounts section of iChat preferences."

When I switched to AIM on the Mac, everything worked fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.