Can't set iMic/GarageBand on iBook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BigBurd, Jun 6, 2005.

1. BigBurd macrumors member

BigBurd

I've been using GarageBand on a G4 (17" flat panel/1 gHZ) iMac, and on a G5 (17") iMac, using a Griffin iMic as my input device, and have never had a problem. I have just installed iLife '04 on my G3, dual usb, 600mHZ iBook. Upon opening the Systems Preferences window, I selected sound, then input, and chose iMic. (Noting that the internal mirophone controls shut off, so no input sound was showing on the Systems Preferences meter.) I have checked, and re-checked all of these settings, and am comfortable with the setup.

Here's my problem: When I open GarageBand, create a new song, add a new track, choose real instrument, choose mono, and monitor on, I get feedback from the internal microphone, and get no signal from the iMic. I have re-started the iBook, several times, and always checked to see that the Systems Preferences sound settings were correct, but it does the same thing.

Has anyone experienced this same problem, or can anyone give a real good guess as to what the problem might be?

Thanks, in advance, for your advice.

2. BigBurd thread starter macrumors member

BigBurd

Strange ...... I never had to go into GarageBand Preferences with my other 2 computer, in order to make the input settings work ..... so I never thought that I would have to do it to my iBook ..... until I woke up this morning and had an inspiration. I opened GarageBand Preferences, and there was my problem staring right at me. I just had to change the settings.

Sorry if I stumped any of you. I do appreciate the fact that some of you took the time to look, even it you couldn't figure it out.