Can't set "My Rating" in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by greg555, Jan 19, 2007.

1. greg555 macrumors 6502a

I've lost the ability to set the star rating in my smart playlists. If I create a new smart playlist and try to filter on My Rating all I see (in the box where the stars appear) is a black rectangle. If I edit existing smart playlists they appear the same way but they still function correctly (my "All 3 star" list only has 3 star rated songs in it). It's annoying because I can't create new smart playlists that are based on stars. It's not a show stopper because I have a bunch of existing ones that do most of what I want.

I'm running XP SP2. This problem cropped up on iTunes version 6.something so I eventually upgraded to 7.0.2.16, but that didn't fix the problem. The only change is the black rectangle. With version 6.something that box just stayed white when I tried to change the star setting.

Please help!

Thanks - Greg

2. greg555 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any ideas or suggestions anyone?

Thanks - Greg

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's Windows. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, if you didn't do this via the upgrade anyway? :)

4. greg555 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't uninstall. I figure an upgrade to 7.0 would replace everything. Maybe that's not the case.

Thanks - Greg

5. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Yeah, that happened to me before when I was using iTunes for Windows. I just had to click where I thought the stars would be and it worked. Don't know why though. :confused: