Can't Slipstream an XP SP1 CD?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by todd2000, Aug 24, 2006.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I have a Windows XP Pro SP1 CD, and tried to slipstream it, and got this error "This service pack cannot be integrated into a destination that also has integrated software updates" I googled around and apparently according to this page http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/pcmag_recovery, you can't slipstream an SP1 CD, onyl an original XP disc. "You're trying to slipstream SP2 onto a CD that already has SP1. This process only works with the original version of Windows XP." Do I ahve any options apart from buying another copy of XP?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Holy complicated Batman :)

If im getting this straight through all that mess all I have to do is delete
    Delete C:\WIN_CD\CD\SUPPORT\TOOLS\DEPLOY.CAB, and replace it with the DLed one
    Delete C:\WIN_CD\CD\SVCPACK
    Delete C:\WIN_CD\CD\i386\SVCPACK.INF

and then slipstream as normal?

Also it says I should get a new SVCPACK.INF file from another XP CD, which I don't have, but then says I don't need to get the file, I assume not having it won' mess anything up?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yup. And you read it just like I did. You can also download the INF file from MS if you have access to a Windows box.

Gooood Luuuck! ;)

B

5. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

How exactally do I DL the INF file? I can't seem to find it?, and will it make difference if I don't replace it?