Can't stop the capturing in Final Cut HD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Frohike, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Frohike macrumors regular

The title pretty much sums it up when i upload video from my Mini-dv camera it uploads fine but it doesn't stop when i press escape, i actually have to switch off the camera in order to stop unwanted footage being uploaded onto my mac. Is there any way of testing the responsiveness of my escape key or a way of getting round the never-ending capture! Please help i need to edit some footage for tomorrow!

2. artalliance macrumors 6502

Don't capture NOW, capture by logging a clip with IN and OUT points. No ESC key needed there.

3. Frohike thread starter macrumors regular

Ah ok thanks, good i dea i hadn't thought of that. Do you think it could be a problem with the escape key, i hope not i got this macbook pro about a week ago. I know theres a way of testing the typing keys.. obviously by typing but how can i test that the escape key works.

4. artalliance macrumors 6502

Aborting a CAPTURE NOW seems to be hanging on slower machines sometimes. There is a definite lag.
    Logging clips is better anyway - gives you a better understanding what you are working with.

5. Frohike thread starter macrumors regular

Oh i managed to solve this question by the way. I had the computer speech programme thing set to on and so the escape key was being diverted to that. Thanks for the help