Can't subscribe to Google Calendar in iCal??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Littleodie914, May 14, 2006.

1. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hey guys, me and my friends are using Google Calendar (which is amazing, by the way) to keep track of all the stuff that's due, dates for senior stuff, and open houses. While browsing through the preferences for our calendar, I noticed the ability to copy and paste the iCal link from the calendar into iCal, and update the calendar periodically. (Rather than having to open firefox, log in, and wait for the site to load.)

The only problem is, it doesn't work! (At least for me.) When I copy and paste the iCal address into the application, I get an error... (See pic below.) Does anybody have any idea why this is coming up? I've tried both kinds of links, our calendar is entirely public, I've tried removing alarms AND not removing alarms, checking/unchecking those boxes, etc. Nothing works... Any help? Thanks!! :confused: :D

Attached Files:

2. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

3. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

I dont know what to tell you besides the fact that I had no problems adding my Google Calendar to iCal by going to Settings > Calendar Details > Private Address > iCal and copy and pasting the link provided. :confused: