Can't surf in Safari

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rcummins82, Mar 1, 2005.

1. rcummins82 macrumors newbie

Mar 1, 2005
    I have been unable to get this Ibook to is connected on dial up and connects just fine, however, it will not has safari on it, and will not load pages at all...we have double checked the dns settings many times, and had determined at first that it was an issue the the browser, but when it is taken to another location, it works just fine, and connects and browses like clockwork. Does anybody have any suggestions, the OS is 10.
  2. Norouzi macrumors 6502

Aug 6, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Are you able to do any other internet related things like check or send E-Mail? If you are able to browse the internet from another location that says to me that it's not a problem with your computer or Safari. It could be a problem with your phone line. I remember years ago when I had a second line installed for internet and fax use that at first the internet didn't work. I could use it to fax, and for calls, but I couldn't surf the internet, turns out it was a problem with the phone line and the phone company had to come fix it. After that it worked fine for the internet.
  3. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2004
    Try to ping apple or google's home page from terminal. See if you're even getting connection outside.
  4. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    Try using IE. Go into applications, it;s in there already. It might just be the actual program itself.