Can't take photos on new Nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iPod.touch.user, Sep 10, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

I can't believe that you can't take photos on the new iPod Nano. I'm amazed that Apple managed to be so dumb. How can you have a video camera without being able to take pictures?

2. Guest

iGary

OMG S+WTF BBG 111!!!

The still picture sensors are too thick, that's why.

3. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ I loves me some iGary!

It was clear that there were no still pictures, don't expect it to happen after you buy one.

4. macrumors 68020

brad.c

Buy a Nano? He'd have to change his name.

5. macrumors 6502a

Didnt really see the need for a camera, but as it doesnt even have that.... i'll be definitely sticking to my 4g nano.

6. macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yah, that does seem like a bit dumb but, oh well.

7. macrumors 68020

leomac08

8. macrumors G3

NT1440

Gizmodo had a good piece on it. Apparantly video is far more forgiving while photos would have looked like ****.

9. macrumors regular

AppleThis&That

Well, everyone these days carries a cell phone with a camera installed on a daily basis and I'm sure it would be the same quality.

I really do need more space on my Nano and I like to listen to sports channels on FM, so I'm thinking of upgrading to the new 16GB model for those reasons.

For photos though, I never really use the one on my cell phone though. The quality is so low that it's not worth it to me. I only take shots on my Nikon D90 to get the best quality.

If I don't have a camera around and just my phone, sure I'll use it for a product I like at a store or that rare moment of a UFO sighting. ;) ...but other than that, I rarely use it.