Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vjaaan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
I was running iMovie ver 10.1.1 on my MacBook 2010 and created many projects. I am setting up my new MacBook, which also has iMovie 10.1.1 on it. I don't want all the junk from my old computer dumped onto my new one, so I am using a flash drive to copy files and directories. Into my [new computer name]/Movies folder I copies the folder iMovie Projects from old computer. It contains many folders that represent my many movie projects. But on the new computer, iMovie cannot find the projects.

I'm checking to see that all of the photos for this slideshow project are on the new computer, but something still seems wrong.

Any ideas? Thanks.

vjaaan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
I was running iMovie ver 10.1.1 on my MacBook 2010 and created many projects. I am setting up my new MacBook, which also has iMovie 10.1.1 on it. I don't want all the junk from my old computer dumped onto my new one, so I am using a flash drive to copy files and directories. Into my [new computer name]/Movies folder I copies the folder iMovie Projects from old computer. It contains many folders that represent my many movie projects. But on the new computer, iMovie cannot find the projects.

I'm checking to see that all of the photos for this slideshow project are on the new computer, but something still seems wrong.

Any ideas? Thanks.
[doublepost=1464021542][/doublepost]I notice that when I look at this particular folder (for the movie Bernice 100) on old computer in iMovie Projects folder, it shows the actual video itself. When I copy that to flash drive , Bernice 100 becomes a folder with a Movies subfolder plus some others. So it breaks it down into parts once I copy it somewhere.

Last edited:

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
The iMovie Projects folder relates to the previous version of iMovie, iMovie11(v9). For the current version(iMovie10), you need to move the iMovie Library file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.