Cant trash items....HELP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by buryyourbrideau, May 2, 2005.

1. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

last night i was downloading some umm adult files on limewire...one said file corrupted after i had previewed it so i trashed it....after i trashed it i got a bunch of files in my trash that osx wont let me delete....here they are

libpsikey.dylib
    libdpus10.dylib
    libdpv10.dylib
    liblame.3.92.dylib
    libMPAencode0.1.dylib
    DIVX 5.component

i trashed all these file from the library...i trashed divx player along with all shared files in limewire...and i still cant get rid of them...someone help me please...i dont want to have to spend an hour on the phone with apple to help try and get these files gone :mad:

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

*chuckle*

I think you don't deserve our help. We should force you to phone Apple and explain how those files got there. :D

Are they in use by an application? Restart the Mac.
    Are they locked? Unlock them.
    Have you tried renaming them? That sometimes works. Try changing the file extension to .txt

3. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

4. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i looked up the name of the file and found out that is was a dynamic system file extension "dylib" i have just never seen them there before...does anyone know where these files would have been or what they are associated with....im starting to think it had nothing to do with the "Adult" files

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Hold down Option when you choose Empty Trash from the pul-down menu (and keep holding it down).. they will either be trashed or you'll get an error splat.

Have you tried rebooting first so if they are in use then won't be after a reboot?

6. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i get an ! w/triangle saying that all the items in the trash are in use.....i guess ill just have to try a reboot- does anyone know if these are system files?

7. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau