Can't unpack WMP-4-Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DJ OJ, Dec 22, 2006.

1. DJ OJ macrumors regular

DJ OJ

Japan>Shibuya>My House. Unbelievable Ain't it!?
    When I try to Unpack WMP-4-mac Stuffit Expander just opens and freezes saying "preparing" and if you try to cancel it says "canceling" The only way to quit it is through FOrce Quit. The file stays unpacked Please help. Thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you have the latest version of Stuffit Expander? It's good to keep this app up to date because it often gets wrecked by small system updates.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Stop right there.

Forget WMP:mac, it's 5 years old and won't be developed any further. Microsoft itself recommends the free Flip4Mac plugin for Quicktime which allows QT to play most (but not all - same as WMP but newer versions are supported) wmv videos.

Go and install Flip4Mac and leave the crap that is WMP:mac where it belongs - stagnating on MS's virtual shelves.

4. DJ OJ thread starter macrumors regular

DJ OJ

Japan>Shibuya>My House. Unbelievable Ain't it!?
    I have flip4mac, but I am having many problems. I just want WMP for the web browser plugin. The flip4mac one stopped working.

5. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

if you set it to open the web things in a seperae window it should fix problems. it worked for me

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

WMP's not quite five years old... But F4M is where you should be. What do you mean it "stopped working?" What kind of system? When/how did it stop working? Have you tried re-installing the latest version? Getting it working is a better option than just installing something else because it mysteriously stopped....